Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Washington Winterland...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to all those I failed to call, email or text on Turkey Day. We celebrated Thanksgiving on Friday with my family, so actual Thanksgiving day, was spent in front of the tv watching both of my football teams lose! ;(

Anyways... We were in Washington, State and had a great time. We had the whole family together thankfully, which I didn't think was going to happen as there were 7" of snow by the 5th day Jax and I were there. Cherie, Vito and Aunt Terry came down from Seattle, over the pass and through the snow. Jace took a train from Oregon, Dean flew in and managed to get to us on time for once, and everyone there locally all had time off to visit too!

Jax was amazing on all of our flights. I was nervous to see how he would do flying again, since it had been 7 months since our last flight, and I figured both of us had lost our travel touch. This was also Jaxon's last "free" trip, which means that he had to sit on my lap... so I was dreading how that would go with a wiggly toddler, a pregnant belly and somehow thinking we would have the lap tray down to watch video's. Surprisingly we managed. Jax and I both were able to get some sleep in on our first flight. Jax feel asleep before the plane even took off, and woke up only because I made him, 10 mins before we landed. We had one layover in Denver, and so we just hung out at our gate and watched Sesame Street videos. Our second flight wasn't too bad, but not as good as our first. Jax didn't want to sit still, and really wanted to sit with the man next to us, who thankfully gave the go ahead and was extremely helpful in keeping Jax seated.

Once we landed and got to mom's house, Jax was a giddy little boy at Gramma's. She had toy's galore out for him to play with. Some new ones and then some that we had left there and forgotten about from the last trip. ;) He was a very happy boy!

On our third day there, we were excited to have Jaxon's Godparents
"Shooie and Papa Vito", and "cousin" Landon come to visit. We had planned a day of visiting, Chuck E. Cheeses, Pictures with Santa and just letting the boys play together. Well, we still managed to get all of this accomplished, but in about 5" of snow! Chuck E. Cheeses was exhausting. I think I can do without seeing that place again for a while. The boys had fun though, and we got some great pictures of them together.

The next few days we got more and more snow, and then the wind came in with it as well. It was sooooo cold. All I wanted to do was play with Jax in the snow, but with the wind it was almost unbearable to be out. We had about 7" by the 5th day we were there. It was really pretty, and Jax loved looking out the window at the snow!

When Dean flew in, my vacation started. Daddy was much more willing to get bundled up and go out in the cold, so Jax eventually got to play in it. It took us about 15 mins to get him dressed each time he went out, for oh... about 5 mins of play. Lol. We went and visited Grandpa each day, and even though it was a chore for us to keep him out of all Grandpa's "fun things", the look on Grandpa's face showed he just loved having us there!

On our Thanksgiving, Friday, we had the whole family there, and surprisingly it went very well. We all ate really great, and then celebrated Jaxon's 2nd birthday! He got some new books, two new dvd's, a Sesame St. guitar and cell phone, Lego's, and an awesome ice cream birthday cake!!! I am not sure who enjoyed his birthday more. Me - getting to eat ice cream cake AND pumpkin pie, DJ and his free arm workout throwing Jax around for 2 hours after ice cream was consumed by Jax, or Grandpa just being oblivious to it all! ;)

I sadly didn't get around to visiting all my friends as I had hoped. The weather kinda screwed me up there, so I apologize for those I didn't get to see... ;( I am thankful for the friends and family I did see though, and for everyone spoiling Jax! I don't think he was disappointed at any house we visited between dogs, cats, toys and cookies!

It was so nice being in WA and getting to spend Thanksgiving with my family, seeing all the snow and catching up with everyone, but coming back home is always something I look forward to! Thankfully our trip back home was a breeze! I had so many people willing to help with Jax and all of our things! He even got his own seat on both flights! The first flight, we again both slept, then almost missed our connecting flight in Denver. We were on the same plane that we flew in from Pasco, and only had about 30 mins before our next flight left. I had to use the bathroom, and they needed Jax and I to deplane, so I had asked if I had time to go, get Jax changed, and get some milk. We came right back to the gate and were starting to get situated in the waiting area, when a man came up to us and said lets go. I assumed he just wanted us to be on the flight first since he knew we came off the plane already and were continuing on. NOPE! The gate crew had already pushed the ramp away from the plane, and THANKFULLY this man was the Captain of the plane. He too was told he would have time to go to the bathroom, etc. So he was able to get us on the plane with no problems, and again gave us our own seats, and even helped carry all of our stuff on board. Tis’ the Season!!!

Once we got back home, I had two crazy puppies excited to have us home and Lily… the annoying cat. Jax was also very excited to be back in his “playroom” with all of his things! Now if we can just get him to sleep in his own bed again… *sigh*

Well Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Love Shylah

No comments: