Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ward World...

It just occurred to me that I have not done a family update in a looooong time... So here is what has been going on in the Ward World...

Liam is 5 1/2 months. I simply can't believe how fast he is growing up!! I think for us, since we've only had him home for 4 1/2 months, it feels like that is how old he should be. He is such a sweet baby!! He's so much different than Jax as far as their personalities and what makes them happy, but he's still a pretty easy going baby! Liam has figured out how to roll both ways, and although he hates being on his tummy, he sure seems to constantly be on it by him rolling back to front. He's just learning now how to sit up unassisted, however he also doesn't like that! I joke that it's because his belly cuts off circulation to his feet. Every time he folds in half, I swear his feet turn purple! He's still exclusively bf'ing, so we haven't gotten to the fun messes with him, but I don't think that's too far away. We haven't had him weighed in a while, but last time we weighed ourselves w/him, he was approximately 13.8lbs!! His favorite person is Jax. Jax is the only one that has made him giggle more than once. He's very interested in what Jax is doing, and is fascinated by his long eyelashes. Liam is teething, and has been for the last 2 months, but so far no teeth. It's not been as easy for him cutting teeth as it was for Jax, and we've had a lot more restless nights, gone through more Tylenol and orajel and have to find creative ways to relieve his pain. He sleeps through the night most times 8:30-5:00 anyways, but then he usually cuddles with me till about 8. I can't complain about that!! He's such a beautiful baby and such a sweet sweet one!!


Jaxon is growing like a weed and so much fun right now!! Last time we measured him, he was almost 37", which is almost 3" in 3 months. He no longer wears 2T clothing as it's too short for his long torso!! He is really into Cars right now, and last week Dean and I treated him to Cars 2 at the theater. It was way over his head, and definitely geared for older kids (probably Cars 1 generation), but he did well and slept through the ending. Dean and I enjoyed it though. He's also really into Wonder Pets, and usually watches every episode we have recorded 3-4 times a day. It's pretty bad that I am constantly whistling or singing the theme song :/ On sunny days, we usually are outside by 10 am!! He loves chasing after the puppies, and I have to really watch him while he's out since he tries to do everything they do from eating sticks, rolling in the dirt, and drinking out of the pool! I've started calling him Mogli from the Jungle Book. Lol. We are in the process of looking at preschools for him right now, and boy am I looking forward to school starting!!! Jax is potty training right now, and fingers crossed we're actually already night trained!! Jax is still of course in to Letters and Numbers, and he can now count past 40, although we have to help him at 20, correcting him from twenty-ten to thirty!! He is starting to follow directions on tracing letters, but he usually loses interest in 5 mins. He is so much fun at this age, and a HUGE help with Liam. I can't tell you when the last time I threw a diaper away was :) When he's not being sweet, he's usually testing both Dean and I. He is sooooo good at manipulating, not to mention, he's SO much smarter when it comes to getting his way than Dean and I give him credit for!! For the most part though, he's a very loving, well mannered 2 1/2 year old. We are so proud of how polite he is and how we don't usually have to make him say please and thank you, he does it on his own! :D. We are about to move him into a twin size bed, and hopefully get Liam in the crib. I am sure that there will be lots of "Shylah/DJ" moments, where we catch Jax snuggling Liam, as that's one of his favorite things!! It's definitely a blessing to have two amazing boys, and watching them grow up! Dean and I are doing good! Dean just took a new job, still working for MECO, but as an actual employee now vs working as a consultant for them. His new job will have many more responsibilities, but he will get to continue to work with the Mexico plant start up which is something that he loves doing. Along with a permanent job title, we will have MUCH better insurance, and will no longer be in jeopardy of my bp care not being covered by our current insurance!! Dean is also playing summer soccer again, and has been talking about coaching and training eventually.

I've just been busy at home with the boys of course, and fulfilling my dream of watching them grow. That in itself is a full time job, however I'm looking into possibly going to work part time, more or less to meet some new friends, and start saving up for my "swagger wagon". (I never thought I'd be counting down till I had a mini van... Sigh). BUT trying to travel with two car seats, and wedging myself between the two of them is NOT my idea of a road trip! On the 30th, Dean and I are going to try out for NBC's The Voice singing competition! I'm really excited, and I'm hoping that my unselfishness to start a family and be a wife instead of trying out for American Idol over the years will finally pay off, and I'll have an opportunity to go somewhere. Aside from the tryouts, I've slowly started to do a few things with music again. I finally started to write a few new songs, and I sang the National Anthem the other night at our pioneer baseball league game! It'd been forever since I sang the NA anywhere, but I felt I did really good! Dean and I are toying with the idea of starting a mobile karaoke company within the area too.

Other than that, just another day! The weather has been CRAPPY since the calendar said SUMMER! We've had one or two days of sun for every 10-15 days of rain, clouds and overcast weather! ;( I'm not happy about that because I really enjoyed my naps on the lounge chair and my amazing tan that I had last summer...

We're planning a few more trips this summer. In Sept, I'll be flying home to WA with Liam. Still not sure how I'm going to survive w/out Jax for 10 whole days :(. Then we're hoping to get back to FL for another visit w/our family friends. In August, I think we will be headed to AL and GA to spend some time with my Dad and Dixie, as well as my sister and her family! Lots to fit in with really only a month and a half of summer left and before school starts for Jax!!

No comments: