Monday, May 21, 2012

Breathing...

Just got back from the doctors office, after being "vacuumed out". For the moment from a combination of the decongestant sprayed and the suctioning, I can BREATHE, and it's ooh lala amazing! :)
I blame the double dose of narcotics for me mishearing where she said last week that my actual incision site will take another 3 months to heal, and that the tenderness will be there for about 6 months to a year, but everything is healing nice and looks like it should!
I actually have two nostril holes again! At this very moment, I feel great! Like I just have a gapping hole in the center of my face and it's awesome!!
There have been several stitches coming out when I clean, so she removed those, but I still have several more sets that go all the way up. The incision goes from the top of my septum down to my upper lip, much bigger than I thought.
My teeth no longer hurt, and the burning is subsiding as well as my overall pain. I'd say I'm about 85-90% and the only real discomfort I have is in the mornings with dryness, and blowing/cleaning 5x a day. I still can't really smell, it comes and goes with how clear I am, but again that sense will return once all the swelling goes down.
The worst is definitely over, and I'm very glad that I had this procedure done again!
Here's hoping to never have to do it in the future!! :)

Xoxo
Shylah