Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Yooper Hospitality...

I am really beginning to think the UP residents are a different species. Literally everyone I've met is awesomely nice.
This is what happened today...



While the boys and I were out on our nature walk to feed the birds, we were ran down by a gal who's staying in another unit behind us. "Mrs. TN!!! Mrs. TN!!! You look like you got your hands full, so I found this and it's a little dirty, but nothing a hose (whoooos) won't clean off!!" She gave us a nice Little Tikes heavy duty wagon!!! I've met her one time, and she was so sweet to think of us when she pulled it out of the trash lol. (yes out of the trash, described as a hobby up here "trash to treasures")
Then she brushed it off, got the cobwebs off, and helped me keep the boys in check while we fed birds and walked around the area which was really nice, because I have three boys now. I volunteered for Dean's boss to bring his son who just turned 4 to MI, and I would watch him during the day with Jax and Liam. He doesn't get to see his son much and so I figured why not. Today was our first day, and so far so good aside from the normal 3-4 y/o "mine mine mine" stuff! Kevin (dad) is so excited to get to see him every day, and Landon is a sweetie, who has a sister the same age as Liam so he's very loving with him too!

Anyway, I might not wanna leave this place because it is so pretty and the people are exceptionally great!