Friday, October 16, 2009

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

Poor Dean! The weather has finally hit in Williamsport, PA! He called me yesterday saying that it was starting to snow, (and of course me being me, thought Dean was probably over exaggerating, and thinking more on the lines of what he consideres snow in TN) Haha - well guess not. He left work yesterday night, and there was about 2 1/2 inches on his truck and ground, and then this is a picture from this morning when he got up on the mountain. I feel bad, especially knowing his idea of snow and the reality of where he is at - You don't get snow days in PA! I asked him if they would be working today, and he said "Yup, it's not lightning". Typically that is all that they stop work for, lightning and/or high winds that make the building of the windmills too dangerous. So be sending your warm thoughts his way. At his house and off the mountain, it's not too bad, however being on the mountain, and then climbing the towers has to be pretty miserable. =( I am looking all over the place for chains and snow tires for him, and hopefully will find something that will work for his truck, and can be delivered, as they have been working every day for the past 2 weeks. I wish I were there now, I would make sure he had a full thermos of coffee/hot chocolate to last the day, and little hand warmers to keep him cozy...

Me personally, I am excited about the thought of snow. I love wearing sweaters and bundling up, but of course that hasn't happened in two years. I am just now wearing short sleeves vs. tank tops - and can finally wear jeans without rolling them up to my knees! Plus the idea of Jaxon all bundled in a cute little snowsuit makes me giggle, along with itty bitty little mittens on his little hands! =)

Well off to enjoy my 50 degree weather! Hope you all have a great day!

-Shylah, Jax and a very cold Dean...

1 comment:

hotmail said...

"yesterday night"??? XOXO