Thursday, August 27, 2009

Meet Frogg...

Everyone, meet Frogg! After 9 1/2 months of sneaking Frogg into Jaxon's crib, nights of "Oh my gosh, we left him downstairs", and "turn around, we left Frogg at home", all while Jax was completely oblivious to what we were doing, he's finally caught on that Frogg is his lovey, comfort, and snuggle buddy. It's really been the last week that he's cuddled up when he was tired and wanted a nap, that instead of fussing or running to me, he went and found Frogg and laid down with him. I figured now would be a good time to introduce him.


Frogg was a present given to Jax from Carolyn Epps, Michael's mom. I fell in love instantly. When I was prego, I was searching frantically for a blanket that had some sort of unique stuffed animal to it. All I ever found were bears, dogs and ducks... all of which are perfectly fine, I just wanted something a little more unique, and something that wouldn't get mixed up at daycare. I begged Carolyn for about 2 months straight to please make me one, and due to time and her pain tolerance when sewing, she opted to look extra hard for a special one. Well she did and I absolutely love it. So does Jax!!!! It's just a simple blanket made locally in WA State, that has blue and white pin stripes on one side, and a velour feeling fabric with a Frog's head on the other... It's so soft and snuggly. I often wondered when people would question why my child was naked, but wrapped in an extremely warm blanket in the winter, instead of clothed with no blanket, and why we always had it in tow for even a quick trip to the store. (All that know Jax, know he's a heater and you can't have a fully clothed and bundled blanketed Jax!) Hahaha. See people, I have my reasons...










Frogg met Jaxon in the hospital, we brought our special blanket for bringing him home in, and threw in Frog for whatever our reason was at the time. We forced Frogg to sleep with Jax at every nap, in the swing, in the car, in the bed and in the crib... Every time we went somewhere, so did Frogg. We tried an actual stuffed animal, and he liked Geroff, the Giraffe when he was a little bit younger, but now, when holding the two of them, he doesn't even bat an eye to Geroff... kind of sad, but we were much more persistent with Frogg. Part of me wants to pout, that in the past week he'd rather have a blanket to cuddle with instead of me or Dean, but then again, it does give me a break!!! And as I've also found out this week, that when he doesn't feel good and really wants comfort he still comes to Mommy.



When Jax is fussy, all I have to do is hold up Frogg, drop it on the ground, and Voila! He's happy, although he gets mad immediately when he can't figure out how to crawl and take Frogg with him. I've also crossed a dilemma of when to wash Frogg. Since it's been a constant in the past week, this also includes eating, playing with him after eating and before washing, and on the road, which almost always has some sort of food included... therefore Frogg gets dirty, grimy and needs to be washed. So when do you wash your child's beloved toy, blanket or whatever? It's obviously NOT during the day when at any moment your child wants to take a nap and won't when it's not there... Lol... I learned that today... and boy did I pay for it!


So everyone, now you've met Frogg... =) Hope this brief but necessary introduction floods your memory of days when your child or children had their "Frogg" and puts a smile on your face
Xoxoxo

Shylah, Jax and Frogg!

No comments: