Monday, September 26, 2011

Anniversary Weekend-Getaway...

Man! What a fun filled week we just had. On Tuesday Dean, the boys and I went to Nashville, mostly for "Anniversary Weekend", but because Dean had a two day career conference which gave me and the boys some time to visit w/friends and family!

It was so funny... Ever have one of those 'Pretty Woman' moments? So we're staying at the Renaissance hotel in downtown Nashville, which is really nice anyways... Leave it to me to trash it up lol. First we're carrying in bags and bags of toys, food, diaper bags, etc... I would say this is one of the least child friendly hotels... So here come the Wards with two kids and just stuff everywhere... So the next day, I'm on my way down to the lobby to get coffee... this is where I had my Pretty Woman moment... I am waiting for the elevator, wearing my usual: shorty shorts, beer tshirt, flip flops, hair a mess... the elevator doors open, and there are nothing but men decked out in their finest... Uh... yeah. Lol... So I start whistling "Pretty Woman" thankfully a few caught my humour. I didn't realize half of the people that were attending this conference were politicians... it was the Governors Conference... so yes... I was slightly embarrassed, but I wouldn't expect any less of myself in a situation like this.
After that, I loaded the boys up, and we started making our rounds to visit with some friends. We spent lunch with my old co-workers. It was so good to see them all, and have everyone see what a big boy Jaxon is now, and finally get to meet Mr. Liam. Both were good, and thankfully Jax remembered the conference room doors were all glass. Usually he runs full force into them, and then we spend the entire time with tears and a red goose egged forehead. We had a good visit there, and while I miss all the people, I really don't miss the work place.


That evening we met up with Nana, so she could take the boys so that Dean and I could have date night and celebrate our anniversary. We went to our favorite restaurant, the Old Hickory Steak House at Opry Land Hotel. LOVE that place. We had a balcony table, an amazing waiter, and best of all, Dean had arranged before hand to have a rose waiting on the table. Of course, I didn't catch on until he pointed out that none of the other tables had a rose... :) After dinner we walked around to check out what changes had been done to the hotel. This is the first time I had been back after the flooding, most of the areas looked the same, but you could definitely tell everything was new!


We checked out the new Jack Daniels Saloon, and planned on going out downtown afterwards, but Dean had to be up early for the last day of the conference. We had a great time though, and enjoyed a very much NEEDED date night.

The next day, after Dean was through with the conference, we headed out to the Bicentennial State Park and showed the boys where we got married, and let Jax run out his energy. It was a beautiful day to be outside, (wish our wedding day felt that good!). Then we headed out to stay with some of our family friends, Pam and Sparky. Jax was so happy that they had two puppies and "kids" for him to play with! We got a lot of good visiting in with them, and got a play date in with one of my besties and her family as well.
The best day of the weekend was going to the Titans game, a tradition Dean and I started for our anniversary. When we had purchased tickets a few months ago, we decided not to splurge and just try to get the best upper level seats we could... well that didn't last long. As we were walking over to the stadium, we just happened to see a man selling FRONT ROW tickets... Dean and I just looked at each other, debated a little, then decided that since it was for our anniversary and that we usually only go one time a year, that it was worth the splurge. We ended up paying a little bit more, but he reduced them with the trade for our tickets... so we ended up on the front row, on the 10 yd line on the visitors side. Thankfully we were sitting by Titans fans for the most part. There were a few Bronco's fans, but they weren't that bad. It was a gorgeous day, still wamer than I wanted, but not too awfully hot. I ended up pretty pink by the end of the game! Funny thing though, since the Titans got Hasselbeck, apparently they have started "the 12th Titan" initiative... Not sure how I feel about that knowing that for the NFL at least, it started in Seattle and has been a pretty special tradition for Seahawks to raise the "12th Man" Flag and be as loud as any stadium (Qwest Field has broken several records now). Oh well, maybe TN is just trying to make Hasselbeck feel welcomed? It was a fun game though! Most of the action sadly happened on the opposite side of the field, but we did get to see the winning TD right in front of us, our side and all, and after that, the Broc's fans got up and walked our REAL fast! We had a great time, got to visit with lots of our family friends, and celebrate four wonderful years together! Now back to real life, and getting the kiddo's back on a schedule!



Hope everyone is doing well!


Xoxo

Shylah

No comments: