Friday, September 16, 2011

Milestones, Vacation and Family fun...

Over the past 15 days, a lot of things have happened in little Liam's world!!

We went on our THIRD trip from home to WA State to visit with family. We flew out on the 31st and while walking miles back and forth to changing airline gates, Liam figured it would be a good time while MOMMY was pushing him around to start yelling "Dadda"!!! :) That is a huge thing for him due to his tongue issues, that he not only is forming the correct syllables, but got an entire word out!!! And then two days later he started saying "Momma" as well as a few other attempted labels. :)



Before we had left, Liam had just started to sit unassisted, but since being in WA he sits completely on his own although I think it'll be a while before he figures out the crawl and sit pattern. He is also "crawling". He does more of a "worm crawl" where he lays down; scoots, gets on all fours, lays, scoots, all fours... As mentioned in my previous post, he also cut his first tooth!!! He's been pretty good, but the last few nights, you could tell he was really uncomfortable. It's now made a "peak" and I assume in the next day or so we'll be able to see white! Then on our second flight back to TN, I noticed he not only had one tooth, but TWO!! I can't believe how many milestones he hit in just 10 days!!

So now that we covered Liam, we'll mention the reasoning behind our visit...
The newest little Hanson finally made her debut and is home, happy and healthy, as is Mommy and Daddy!!! She is such a small, sweet little lady... Although she's giving mommy a hard time at night. It's so awesome to see my brother and his wife starting their family and I can't wait for them to experience the many joys of parenthood and the blessings the "little people" bring. :)

We also introduced Liam to his Great-Grandpa Jack and Uncle Jace as well as some other close friends. He didn't disappoint when meeting anyone, and had a smile for just about every new face he saw. Other than teething issues, Liam did really well especially with such a busy and hectic schedule and being 3 hours off the norm. I hated leaving Dean and Jax, but it was a good vacation for the littlest and I. We got lots of one on one time, and of course Liam got tons of love and attention. I got to see a lot of friends in WA, and even spent some time with one of my "moms" working on a few sewing projects including a quilted changing pad for Little Miss Hanson. While I was away, Jax had lots of fun with Daddy. He also got to visit with Nana and our dear friend Dylan who watched him while Dean was at work. Jax got to go out to lunch w/the "Crew", spend a day at Dollywood, and even spent the night with Nana and Pop's so Daddy could have a night out. =) Of course he also got to enjoy having cookies and ice cream for dinner one night (uh huh), but did really good for me leaving him so long. I've been home now for 5 days, and he continues to tell me, he's glad Mommy's home and that he doesn't want me to go on an airplane again.


Jax is doing really well in school and loves going on Monday's and Wednesday's. He has four new friends and is learning all sorts of "wonderful" things (can you hear my sarcasm there?). I know it's typical behavior for his age, but some of the things he is learning from his classmates are: throwing things, picking his nose, biting, and smashing his snacks into little itty bitty crumbs and throwing them on the ground. Not a lot I can do about it, but I'm definitely working over-time trying to correct it. I am doing a few home school lessons on the day's he's not in school, and the other days we try to go to the park or have play dates with his new bestie who is 3 days younger than Jax.


Other than that, there's not a whole lot going on in our world. The weather is finally starting to turn (Yay!!!) and I'm definitely looking forward to the cooler months to come.

Hope everyone is doing well!!
Xoxo
Shylah

No comments: