Sunday, July 22, 2012

Good Vibrations...

During our visit to WA, my Aunt Terry and I had plans to see the Beach Boys 50th Reunion Tour Concert that was held at the St. Chateau Michelle winery near Seattle.

First off, when I was a little girl, my Aunt and Uncle got me hooked on oldies, and specifically the Beach Boys. I have been just as big of a fan of them, as the kids growing up when they debuted! I could sing you more oldies and 50-60's music then all the music out while I was growing up and now. I guess I always thought I would be a better doo-wopper than a country singer lol!

During the Grammy's this year, the Beach Boys were guest's and did a melody of their best songs, after they were done, they announced they were reuniting and doing a 50 year reunion. That very night, Aunt Terry and I decided that wherever they were, we'd find a place to see them... it just so happened to be at the tail end of my visit home, and in Seattle so the timing and location worked perfectly.

Being that it was at a winery, I fully expected me to be loopy since that's typically what one glass will do to me, ahem... I wont say that during the show I polished off an entire bottle by myself... lol
There was a group of girls that had Aunt Terry and I laughing the entire show... They were having the time of their life, and we really wanted to join them. Of course, I'm sure wine had a big part of that...
There was one low point of the show. During intermission, I decided to pull my usual Shylah, and see if I could get on stage with the Boys... we walked up to the stage and yelled to whoever would listen, which just so happened to be Mike Love, (s0 I at least talked to an original!!). He told me to come back and talk to Bryan, and that he'd probably let me sing Barbara Ann, which of course he didn't come back until the show restarted...
So we resumed our fun, singing and drinking away... when all of a sudden, I see this other girl with green on, blond hair and in her twenties, up on stage singing (not singing at all rather, being an idiot) during Barbara Ann... I'm sure they were looking for the "cute blond wearing a green top and shorts..." Haha...

For four hours, my Aunt and I danced away singing all of our favorite songs. I had such a great time, and some very much needed Aunt/Niece time!!! During the show, I got emotional a few times, my Uncle loved the Beach Boys, and so I was thinking about him a lot. I am sure he would have been proud of me doing justice to all of our car rides with the window's rolled down and singing along to his "tapes"!
Best concert in a long time... and even though it's been three weeks, I can't get the songs out of my head, and would argue with anyone on how amazing they sounded!! Before we left, my Aunt and I were thanked for being so fun to watch, and one guy even said we were the best entertainment of the show!! :)
Thanks Aunt Terry for a fun night out, even if I did hate our date the next morning!!

No comments: