Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pumpkin Patch and Halloween...

Happy (belated) Halloween!!
 
This year's Halloween was very tiring but so much fun. I guess the older your children get and the more involved they get to be, the more you enjoy the fun as a parent.
 
I really miss the days of dressing up and having fun myself, but I would never trade it for the fun I am having with my boys!!! We did miss our friends annual Halloween party this year, and Dean and I were both a little bummed especially since it was a 90's themed party... We could have definitely pulled off Zach Morris and Kelly Kapowski! :)
 
Anyways back to what we actually did...
 
With Jax and Liam both being in school this fall, we had a busy week of dressing up, Halloween parties and running around doing our last minute holiday shopping. At least that made for a  light load in actual laundry!! Jax picked our theme again this year, and I guess he based it on popularity as EVERY. OTHER. KID. ON. THE. BLOCK was dressed the same... we were SUPERHERO'S!!! Jaxon was Spiderman, Liam was Superman and Dean and I took the easy route and just wore superhero t-shirts... (Hey better than nothing and still part of the theme).

 For a week before Halloween, I asked Jax if he wanted to do pumpkins this year. His response each time was that he didn't want to get his hands yucky and that he didn't want to carve or paint pumpkins, and that went for Liam too.
So on Monday around 7 pm he decided that he finally wanted to have a pumpkin... Well that lead to Dean looking for pumpkins on his way home from work, and the boys and I frantically going to each and every store in Albert Lea area only to find that there were no pumpkins sold there or left to purchase. The biggest we found were the micro mini desktop pumpkins and each time we found one, Jax would explain they were much too small to carve and that wouldn't work. There were pumpkin patches in town, but only opened on the weekends with the Saturday before being the last day... Thankfully I found a pumpkin patch about 25 miles from us on Tuesday, and after lunch we ventured out there... It was so much fun. We were missing Dean, but glad that the boys had as much fun as they did, especially with the majority of the pumpkins being picked over already. We stayed there for about 4 hours longer than I anticipated, but I got some great pictures of the boys!!!
So Halloween Eve, we had a very late night carving pumpkins trying to get the boys' done before they actually went to sleep... Just like the last 2 years, the pumpkins also have themes and this year matched the boys costumes!
 
Halloween Day was a full schedule for sure! Liam and I had our class while Jax had his sibling class... then after that we decided to go to a classmates house and have a double play date for the boys... then raced home for naps... and afterwards headed over to yet another classmates house for dinner and trick-or-treating together! Dean luckily got off early enough to have dinner and join us, which we needed all the help we could with 4 kiddies in the dark!!! It was a lot of fun though, and not as cold as we thought it would be, although definitely not our TN trick-or-treating weather... Jax and Liam both had their pumpkins completely filled and then some... Needless to say the last month of me exercising is pretty much pointless now... This candy is going to be here till next year if I don't help them eat some of it right!?!?

All in all, it was another successful year of fun with my boys!!! I can't even imagine next year with Liam actually having an opinion! :)

I've posted two new albums to the right that have the Pumpkin Patch photos as well as all the Halloween Night photos. Please check them out!!

Hope everyone had a fun Halloween as well!

Love,
Shylah