Wednesday, September 22, 2010

3 years together...

Wow! Dean and I have been married 3 years today! It's hard to think of where the time has gone, but at the same time it feels as though we've been married a lot longer. 3 years to me is not that long of a time, speaking... but today, for young couples, it's a rarity that 3 years can mean so much, last, and bring a couple even closer.


We've spent most of our marriage raising Jax, and now we've got another on the way, and still somehow in the craziness of parenthood, we've been able to keep each other a priority.
Though we may not always put each other first, we still know the importance that without the two of us, there would be no children, and is a gentle reminder of how important we are as a couple, and a team.


Our marriage certainly hasn't been perfect by any means. We have had our fights, and we squabble, and mostly of course about normal relationship woes... Kids, bills, money, news, etc... but we tend to end up laughing in most of our bickering, or at least we are able to laugh about it the next day.

Just last night Dean and I were in bed squabbling about opinions, and how one opinion could make the other mad... but this morning when I woke up, I woke up to the most amazing man kissing me good morning, and saying he loved me. ;)

If I stop long enough with being a mom, and the duties of being a Stay at Home Mom to actually reflect on the man I chose to marry, I am so proud of my decision. Sometimes it takes just that. To stop. Remember. And really think about where I stand to value Dean, and unbeknownst to him, I actually do this quite often.

I really did marry my best friend. I married the person that I have more fun doing absolutely nothing with on a Saturday morning, but cuddling and watching cartoons. I married the man who puts his family, friends and most importantly his wife and son always, at the top of his list. Who puts thought into a card, or a little note by the coffee pot. Who has always been able to make a bad situation better. Who knows that sometimes all I need is a hug. Who works so hard to allow me the opportunity to live out a dream and raise our beautiful family. Who makes me laugh at myself, smile at us, and look forward to the future. The list goes on. When I think of my marriage, I am overwhelmed with how blessed I am to have this kind of love, and a truly amazing husband.

Dean I love you more than you know, and that I could ever show. Thank you for an amazing life, and three of the most amazing years of my life. I look forward to so many more. To wrinkles, and shaky handwriting on cards. To rocking chairs, and more "honeymoons". To watching our babies grow. To loving you for the rest of my life.

Xoxo
Shylah

3 comments:

Dean Ward said...

I love you too. : ) I had to create a blog account just to post this. I might start me one of these here blogs.

Kate said...

I had no idea you had a blog! I can't wait to keep up with it :)
Your wedding photo is beautiful, and you have such a beautiful family...congrats on 3 years!

Unknown said...

I married my best friend also, 34 years ago October 4th. Happy Anniversary, and a forever life more of them. ~Kat